1. Clean and organize the basement – This has actually been put off. I was going to make that my big March project, but Jeff is not at all on board with this one. Since the cats shit in the basement, and don’t always keep it in the box, and it’s covered in lead paint and dust, Jeff has asked that I do this after I have the baby. Which he knows means that I won’t do it until the kid goes to college. 🙂
4. Pay off the tax bill – DONE! Mailed the check on February 22, 2008!!! This is the last remnant of debt that I had as a result of FW, so I never have to think about him again!
1. Have blue hair – I have an appointment in four weeks! I’ll post pictures
2.Go to the dentist even though I am terrified of even the thought – This has also been put off (note: do not make list of things to do when one is also trying to get pregnant. It changes the entire list!) I ran the dentist idea past the OB, and she nixed it. I haven’t been in about five years, and she figured I could wait a few more months, unless there was a problem that needed to be addressed right away. Luckily, I have great teeth and don’t foresee a problem. I do, however, have shitty gums, and figured I should see a professional about that.
3. Start doing the x365 project – DONE! I have just completed my first 30 odd entries!
4. Finish reading 100 books by the end of 2008 – DONE! I read 123 books in 2008, and am almost halfway through my 2009 goal (being sick for weeks for the reading win).
6. Get my social security card updated – DONE! Received at the beginning of January, just in time for me to start applying for SSD.
1. Create a fun Girls’ Night with the Classy Broads and the other wonderful women that I know (Done – scheduled for January 24) NOT DONE – I was too sick to do it on both the original date and the two weeks later postponed date. Will have to talk to the Broads to see what they want to do next.
2. Do the Ugly Christmas Sweater Pub Crawl that Jess told us about– postponed until next year. This happened when I was about six weeks pregnant, and I just couldn’t go. I was far too tired, and I think I fell asleep that night before it even started. Again, don’t make lists while trying to get preggers.
1. Knit my dad an awesome sweater – Amended. I planned to use the wool that I got from a yarn share this year to make a sweater. However, the information I got on the share grossly underestimated the amount of yarn I was to get, and there is not enough to make him a sweater. Not one that will fit, anyway. So, I”m going to do an Irish cabled scarf instead, and maybe a hat if there is enough yarn left.
4. Make at least part of everyone’s Christmas gift, or buy handmade gifts – I didn’t keep specific stock on this one, but for the most part, we did pretty well on handmade Xmas gifts. I didn’t end up doing as many myself as I wanted, and it helped that a bunch of us, including family, agreed not to do gifts at all this year. I also get extra credit for helping my mom with quilts for my sisters.
5. Make Christmas cards – I initially thought that I would stamp my cards this year, like I used to. However, Jeff and I wanted to include both our Ireland trip and our impending bundle of joy, so I ended up ordering stuff from Paper Source and little pictures of Ireland and made cards out of that. I should scan one and put it in – they turned out really cute, and I got lots of complements on them.
6. Make bags for holiday gifts instead of buying paper ones – Again with the craftiness taking a backseat to pregnancy. Next year.