My divine friend Joslyn and I have been chatting for a while now about how we need to make lists that are for our lives and how hard it is to create and sustain that giant “bucket list” over the course of a life, but how it is far more manageable to keep ongoing yearly goals and lists.
After some inspiration from the amazing Hula Seventy, Jos decided to do a list of 34 things before she turns 35 later this year and since I am turning that magical number too I hopped on board too.
These lists are meant to be realistic and in the spirit of being good to [yourself].
Simple things. Small things. Meaningful things.
Now here is the fun part:
Please join us in sharing [your] lists.
What do you want to do before [you’re] 25 or 43 or 55?
Next month? Next year? How can you make the time to be good to [yourself]?
Inspire us please?
Share with us by linking to Doobleh-vay and Simple Lovely blogs and posting [your] own list.
Leave us a comment that [you’re] participating too.
We will pick one each day next week to share with the world.
And perhaps a little prize at the end too?
So, here’s my list. I’ll be 34 on April 7, 2009, so I’ve got plenty of time to work on these….and I’ll be updating my progress on the blog.
- Clean and organize the basement
- Hang the lamps I bought in London
- Get a new roof
- Rip out the crap plants in the side garden, manure, and get ready for spring
- Figure out how to program the damn thermostat
- Get all the filing done so that the downstairs basket is empty at least once
- Learn to bake bread
- Sell the condo
- Pay off the Home Depot credit card
- Pay off the dentist
- Pay off the tax bill
- Make a budget that has us live within current income while putting money into savings/Jeff’s 403b
- Join the co-op
- Have blue hair
- Go to the dentist even though I am terrified of even the thought
- Start doing the x365 project
- Finish reading 100 books by the end of 2008
- Get pregnant
- Get my social security card updated
- Make a medical alert bracelet I don’t hate and will actually wear
- Take a fall leaf viewing walk with my sweetie
- Get new glasses that I love (should probably also go to eye doctor)
- Go to the Bottineau library with my sweetie
- Create a fun Girls’ Night with the Classy Broads and the other wonderful woman that I know
- Do the Ugly Christmas Sweater Pub Crawl that Jess told us about
- Go to Roller Girls with Julie and Bill
- Visit my sister in Madison
- Knit my dad an awesome sweater
- Make Jeff’s quilt
- Make quilt for sewing room sofa
- Make at least part of everyone’s Christmas gift, or buy handmade gifts
- Make Christmas cards
- Make bags for holiday gifts instead of buying paper ones