From the lovely Carla….I’m not sending this out, so if you are reading it, consider yourself tagged. Please link to your answers (or hell, do the answers) in comments. Yay!
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
I always thought that I was named after Diana Barry in the Anne of Green Gables books, since they are my mom’s favorite books. (Kind of the Canadian version of the Little House books.) Turns out that I’m really named after the Paul Anka song. My dad heard it and liked the name. Thanks, Dad.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
On Thanksgiving. I had a post-infusion migraine, and Jeff decided to tell me that he had no interest whatsoever in the rice pudding that I had made to share at the festivities. Normally, that would not have bothered me. Give me a migraine, and I’ll cry all the way to my sister-in-law’s house.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING
It does the job.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I’m not a real big fan of sandwiches. Can I say bacon? It’s not only delicious on a sandwich, but in almost any circumstance…
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I dunno. What’s this Other Me like? Is she sassy and sarcastic, but not put off by someone more sassy and sarcastic? Then yes. Is she a petty, suburban, SUV-wielding soccer mom? Then probably not.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Kinda….I’ve never had them removed, but medical professionals have told me I only have one. Just one of the many interesting ways in which I am Stranger Than You.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
No. I’m sorry, I mean HELLZ NO.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I don’t eat cereal, as it generally necessitates some sort of milk, and I hate milk. I have not voluntarily had milk since my second year of college (remember the jabenero salsa Suzanne made for Game Night??). I do, however, like Lucky Charms right from the box.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I don’t wear shoes with ties.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU’RE STRONG
Strength of ten women, bitches.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Hmm….I’m not really sure I have a favorite. I love chocolate chocolate chip and cinnamon, but don’t always go for those when I have the choice. It seems to me that I am not eating nearly enough ice cream these days…
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Since I “meet” most people on the phone these days, it’s whether they sound like a complete fucking idiot or not.
15. RED OR PINK?
16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
The giant colony of zits on my lower jaw. WTF?
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Didn’t I address this earlier?
19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Black yoga pants, and no shoes. I’m inside – why do I need shoes?
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A lemon Starburst.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The computer fan, and my repeated use of the back space key.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I am already a lovely peachy colour. I think anything else would make me stand out in a crowd.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Cinnamon, my sweetie.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Uh…my sister? I think? I’m too lazy to go look at the phone and see for sure.
25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
27. HAIR COLOR?
We’ll go with red.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Not anymore, since the LASIK, but I am not willing to admit how much I need my glasses now. Damn getting old.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Corned beef and cabbage.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Honestly, I find myself completely irritated with most of the movies I see these days. Scary isn’t, and happy endings are just too sappy. Give me a good documentary.
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The March of the Penguins. I want one! Oh, and I want Jeff to “watch the egg” for the majority of my pregnancy while I go “feed” with the girls. Carla and Sarah, you work on getting the guys to carry the babies…take notes so I can use them later.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
(She looks down). Blue. Damn, I’m all sexy with the matching here.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
The in-between seasons. I seem to become more intolerant of extremes as I get older. I hate being hot, and I’m damn sure not fond of being cold.
35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs. I likes the hugs.
36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Oh….so many choices….this time of year I love the pumpkin pie. However, that white chocolate blueberry bread pudding shit’s pretty good too.
37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Considering my serious lack of commenting action, I’m gonna say no one.
38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND
39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl. Before you get all excited, Barb, it’s fiction. And, as far as I can tell, has everything to do with the main character being a big reader, not a scientist.
40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LATE LAST NIGHT?
I don’t watch TV. Especially when I could be sleeping. I did listed to some killer public radio, though. (Let the geek-calling commence.)
42. FAVORITE SOUND
Pretty much anything coming out of my sweetie’s mouth. (And, I caught that, Carla!)
43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles. Like there’s a contest.
44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Uh, I seem to have quite the talent to be an asshole. And I can wiggle my ears.
46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?