INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so.
Now… select five people to tag:
(In no particular order!)
What were you doing 10 years ago?
Summer, 1997: I had just graduated from college. I was living with my parents (!!), looking for a job (I wouldn’t find one until August – apparently it was the worst year in recent history for new graduates), and hanging out with the also-unemployed Dave, playing The X-Files card game.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Moving in with my sweetie – moving my stuff into storage, and the bare necessities into his place. Never, ever occurred to me that we’d still be there a year later.
Five snacks you enjoy:
- Kettle Cheddar Beer Chips
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- My mom’s carrot cake
- Dave‘s macaroni and cheese (hint, hint)
- Pita and Holy Land hummus
Five songs you know all the lyrics to:
- Indigo Girls: Closer to Fine
- Girlyman: The Shape I Found You In
- Dar Williams: Iowa
- The Beatles: In My Life
- Poison: Every Rose Has It’s Thorn (Mock if you will. When I was in high school and had big hair, this was the perfect length to sing along to and get my hair dry!)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
- Abandon the condo and buy a house. (Does anyone want a lovely one bedroom condo in the University area?)
- Quit my job and spend my time doing work that is actually meaningful to society.
- Invest so that Jeff and I can do with our time what we want.
- Put together a college fund for Little Sawatdee. As I will have spent all the money before I die, she’ll have to make her own living. I’m not raising Paris Hilton, here.
- Give thoughtfully, and live in a more deliberate, healthy, and sustainable way. (As long as I can stay in the city, of course. I’m not going to go all hippy-crazy and buy a farm or anything.)
Five bad habits:
- Swearing like a motherfucker.
- Bitching about things I should be taking care of (like finding a new job), but not necessarily getting off my ass to do one of the tasks that I don’t particularly care for (like writing a myriad of cover letters for the different kinds of jobs I am applying to).
- Not listening to voicemails. I am on the phone so damn much during the day that I have gotten to the point where I just can’t stand it at night. (Sorry, folks – it’s not you, it’s me!)
- Buying a birthday/holiday present way in advance, and then not mailing it to the person before the actual event. Did it again with Father’s Day – bought my dad a great book about a month ago. Where is it? Under my desk, waiting to be mailed today.
- Piling shit on the kitchen counter as I come in the door. There is just not enough room for that in our itty-bitty cook room.
Five things you like doing:
- IMing Sarah and Julie all day
- Trying new things with my sweetie (last weekend: a play at the Showboat and a Twins game – he’d never been to the Dome!)
Five things you would never wear again:
- Those turquoise jeans I had in jr. high
- My bangs to the sky
- Tapered jeans
- Anything borrowed from my mom
Five favorite toys:
- Kingdom of Loathing
- My new mixer
- My cell phone – especially with Tetris on the bus
- Whatever necklace I’m wearing – I’m generally messing with that
- My sewing machine