1. What year was it? 1992-93 I don’t have a senior picture online, but this is a picture of me the day I graduated from high school:
2. What were your three favorite bands? Poison, The Scorpions, Tesla
3. What was your favorite outfit? I don’t really remember…I’ve never been big into clothes.
4. What was up with your hair? Jebus, the BANGS!! My hair was pretty straight back then, and it had been fairly long until the weekend before Prom, when it suddenly became about chin-length. This picture shows me with curls, so you can bet that I had spent about an hour with the curling iron…and they were gone before I got to the school for graduation.
5. Who were your best friends? Joy. Here’s us at Glamour Shots that summer:
6. What did you do after school? Nothing. There weren’t many after school activities in Johnston (that I wanted to be a part of). I had a job at Shoney’s and worked a few days a week, otherwise I probably just went home.
7. Did you take the bus? No, we were only a couple of blocks from the school. I walked through an apartment complex and across a street, and I was there.
8. Who did you have a crush on? My secret boyfriend. I was dating Terry, who was SIX YEARS OLDER THAN ME, at the time, but my parents forbade me from seeing him. We were together for nine months, and as far as I know, they still don’t know.
9. Did you fight with your parents? Uh, yeah. A lot. About everything.
10. Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on? I don’t remember. I think I gave most of that up in junior high.
11. Did you smoke cigarettes? Nope.
12. Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker? No, the high school I went to was really, really small and overcrowded. It was in one straight line, so I pretty much passed my locker between every class.
13. Did you have a ‘clique’? Not really – there were girls that I ate lunch with, but didn’t really have much to do with outside of school. I never really fit in there (we moved there my junior year).
14. Did you have “The Max” like Zach, Kelly and Slater? I dunno what that is.
15. Admit it, were you popular? Not even a little bit.
16. Who did you want to be just like? I don’ t know who I wanted to be like, but I knew that I did not want to be like any of the people that I knew there. It was the single most horrible two years of my life. If it weren’t for Joy, I would have drowned myself in the river. Wait, there wasn’t a river.
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher.
18. Where did you think you’d be at the age you are now? No way. My plan was to move out of the house at 18, in with my secret boyfriend, where we would have a house with a screened porch so I could watch thunderstorms. I was going to work in a restaurant until we had money for college. What a moron I was. This is much better!